About the Opportunities
Footprints Recruiting, the leading North American teacher recruitment agency, is the go-to place for premium teaching opportunities in the Gulf. We offer various lucrative teaching positions for experienced professionals in Kuwait and several emirates across the UAE. All positions are highly paid and require previous teaching experience.
Teaching in the Middle East is a popular option for teachers who are looking for well compensated jobs and a high standard of living. Airfare and housing are typically provided, and allowances are available for getting settled and obtaining furniture.
- Math teachers - young adults
- Math teachers - middle school
- Science teachers - young adults
- Science teachers - middle school
- English teachers - KG
- English teachers - primary school
- English teachers - middle school
- English teachers - high school
- Special needs teachers - primary school
See job details below
Abu Dhabi - Public Schools
Abu Dhabi is a thriving commercial hub for the Middle East. It is located on the Gulf Coast about 2 hours drive from Dubai. It's one of the wealthiest places in the world and boasts a range of of world class amenities and facilities ranging from artificial islands to a Ferrari theme park. Footprints is placing teachers in the public school system aimed at educating young Emirati citizens. We have positions for certified teachers in English, Math, Science and Elementary education.
United Arab Emirates - Institute of Applied Technology
The Institute of Applied Technology was founded in 2005 through Royal decree of His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan, President of the United Arab Emirates, Ruler of Abu Dhabi as a corporate body with full financial and administrative independence. It teaches career-oriented technical and scientific subjects to young adults to prepare them for careers in engineering and technology. It is a modern school looking for modern teachers to provide 21st-century education.
Kuwait - Hope School for Special Needs
This special needs school in Kuwait City follows an American curriculum and is aimed at providing a supportive environment with special facilities aimed at teaching special needs children. The school is spacious, features small classes with 2 teachers per class, and a number of specially designated areas for computer education, physical education, speech therapy and recreation. Like in most Gulf countries, Kuwait does not have any income tax.
Footprints Recruiting is the oldest and most recognized name for premium teaching and lecturing positions in the Middle East. Given our extensive experience working with governments and academic institutions throughout the region, it's not surprising the Abu Dhabi Education Council has entrusted Footprints with recruiting education professionals for the next three years.
- All positions are 1 or 2-year contracts with an option for renewal
- Sunday to Thursday (Islamic weekend)
- School type:
- Public school / Publicly funded private institute
- Provided in full
- Housing provided + AED 20,000 (~$5,000) furniture allowance for public school teachers
- Between AED 12,300-19,000 p/month ($3,350-$5,300) with no income tax
- Health insurance provided
- 8 weeks paid vacation; may vary across schools.
- Around 10 Islamic and national holidays per year
- Must be a native English speaker
- Must be citizen of Canada, Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, United States or South Africa
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 1 year post-certification experience required
- Valid teaching license/certification required. Special ed qualification required for special needs positions.
After clicking "Apply Now" and submitting an application, one of our recruiting specialists will schedule a screening interview on the phone.