|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Senior Teacher – Young Learners, ACET, Hanoi, Vietnam
Posted By: Australia Centre for Education and Training (ACET) <email@example.com>
Date: Monday, 22 April 2013, at 3:15 p.m.
ACET is Vietnam’s leading provider of quality Academic English and IELTS preparation courses which are undertaken as a first step to studying and living overseas.
We have an excellent reputation for helping our students to achieve their study goals quickly and effectively in a very supportive learning environment. Thousands of ACET’s students are now successfully studying and living abroad in Australia, America, UK, New Zealand and Singapore.
ACET is a partnership between IDP Education and UTS: Insearch, two international organisations specialising in education and training. ACET was established in 2002 in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, and currently has a student population of over 1500 students.
ACET provides an Academic English pathway program that is designed to develop English language and study skills, so that students are able to function in English, confidently and fluently, within a study or work environment. Students chose to study on our full time program of 20 hours per week or part time program of 10 hours per week.
The ACET curriculum has been designed and developed by INSEARCH and we are proud of our reputation for quality programs, dedicated and qualified teachers and excellent support services.
Early in 2012, all of ACET’s schools received accreditation from NEAS International, Australia’s English Language Training quality assurance scheme. ACET staff and teachers are extremely proud of this confirmation of ACET as a high quality provider of English Language programs.
Living and Working in Vietnam:
Vietnam offers a great work-life balance, giving you the opportunity to travel and experience a diverse and unique country, as well as save money. Teachers are highly respected in Vietnamese culture and you will find the students extremely motivated and hard working,
Both Hanoi and HCMC offer many daytime and night time activities to cover most interests. Beaches, mountains and historical sites are never far away, to say nothing of the food and shopping experiences.
Vietnam is modernising and now is a great time to see some of the old charm while you still have the chance.
Duties & Responsibilities
The First Steps Senior Teacher (ST-FS) reports to the Director of Studies (DOS) and is primarily responsible for the development, promotion, and maintenance of ACET’s teens programme in line with the strategic goals of the organization. This includes monitoring, and maintaining all aspects of the First Steps programme in order to ensure the delivery of high quality English training to all students.
The ST – FS also assists the DOS by monitoring, and supporting the academic teaching team at either the Bich Cau or Ocean Park centres as needed.
- Assist the DOS to run orientation and induction sessions for all teachers new to the relevant centre
- Act as a mentor to new teachers and teachers new to a level
- Provide teachers with guidance and support in curriculum / course related queries
- Assist in the development, organization, and filling of materials and other administrative documents
- Assist with professional development (PD) of the teaching team and conduct in-service training (INSET) and PD sessions
- Conduct regular observations of FS classes to ensure high quality of delivery and a high level of student satisfaction
- Maintain and monitor teacher professionalism
- Assist the DOS with communication between ACET and the academic teaching team.
- Develop and maintain the First Steps curriculum in liaison with the DOS
- Collate teacher feedback and liaise DOS regarding any curriculum changes
- Monitor end of term exam results and report any problems to the DOS
- Collate and sign off end of term results as required
- Monitor assignment marking and standardization of results
- Produce alternative materials and exams as required
- Assist with student placement and streamlining of processes / systems relating to student testing and class placement
- Liaise with teachers and counselors on student matters
- Monitor class folders to ensure that tutorials are conducted in an appropriate and timely matter
- Assist with organization and management of student orientation, graduation, and retention activities
- Assist in the management and development of ILC study resources
- Deal with student complaints and comments promptly a professionally, and report to the DOS as appropriate
- Approximately 20 hours per week
- Relief teaching as required
- Must be flexible and available to teach on weekends
Other duties and responsibilities
- Assist with marketing activities
- Assist with First Steps teacher recruitment
- Support the promotion of IDP Education and its testing and counseling services in conjunction with IDP Vietnam staff as requested
- Follow ACET policies and procedures
- Any other reasonable tasks as directed by the DOS
- Undergraduate degree from a recognised university
- CELTA or equivalent recognised teaching qualification (minimum 6 hours observed lessons)
- At least three years post qualification experience
- Proven people and business management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, time management, and organizational skills
- Native speaker of English
- Young Learner qualification such as the CELTYL or IHCYLT strongly preferred
- Competitive monthly salary
- End of contract completion bonus equivalent to one month salary
- US$500 per annum towards medical insurance
- 20 working days recreational leave per year on a pro-rata basis
- Public holidays to a total of 9 days plus Christmas Day during the contract will be paid as working days
- Sick leave up to 10 days per year with 100% payment of gross salary (absence in excess of 2 days must be supported by a doctor’s certificate)
How to Apply:
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and attach the following details with your application:
- Covering letter
- Full CV with referees
- Scanned colour copy of passport page with information and photo (passports need to be valid more than 6 months)
- Scanned colour copy of teaching certificate(s) and university degree(s).
Application deadline: 15th May, 2013
The preferred start date: May/June, 2013
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
Dave's ESL Cafe International Job Board is maintained by Dave Sperling with WebBBS 4.33.