About the Opportunity
Footprints Recruiting, the leading North American teacher recruitment agency, is proud to announce new positions for the 2013/14 school year with the Abu Dhabi Education Council. We are now hiring certified teachers to teach Cycles 1, 2 and 3 in the public school system as well as kindergarten (Cycle 1, 2, 3 corresponds to Primary, Middle, High school) as EMTs (English Medium Teachers), math teachers and science teachers. Positions are located across the emirate, in Abu Dhabi City, Al Ain, and smaller towns across the vast Western Region.
Teachers bound for Abu Dhabi are in for a challenge: the Emirate has been working on rapid education reform, and is hiring a large number of English-speaking teachers to teach core subjects in their K-12 public school system in the English language. This is your chance to be part of profound change in an extremely rapidly developing system and grow as a teacher.
- Work in a very desirable teaching location
- Generous compensation package and no income tax
- Enjoy ample vacation and an annual vacation flight
- Advance your career by working with other high-level professionals
See job details below
About the country
Abu Dhabi is a thriving commercial hub for the Middle East. It is located on the Gulf Coast about 2 hours drive from Dubai. It's one of the wealthiest places in the world and boasts a range of of world class amenities and facilities ranging from artificial islands to a Ferrari theme park. Within the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, there are several cities of varying sizes - the largest city in the Emirate after Abu Dhabi City is Al Ain, located on the Omani border about 2 hours drive from Abu Dhabi City.
About Teaching in Abu Dhabi
Professional standards are high, and so is the remuneration. Teachers are compensated with a generous, tax-free salary and are provided with housing and flights to and from the UAE. The standard of living in Abu Dhabi is high while the cost of living is comparable to most locations in the US. All teachers are covered by comprehensive medical insurance provided by the employer.
If you are an experienced, certified teacher who is looking for a position that provides a real challenge and a real opportunity to grow, while enjoying great pay and benefits in a fascinating location, this may be the job for you.
The hiring process will involve an in-person interview. Interviews will be held in several locations throughout North America and the rest of the world.
Footprints Recruiting is the oldest and most recognized name for premium teaching and lecturing positions in the Middle East. Given our extensive experience working with governments and academic institutions throughout the region, it's not surprising the Abu Dhabi Education Council has entrusted Footprints with recruiting education professionals for the next three years.
- All positions are 2-year contracts with an option for renewal
- Sunday to Thursday (Islamic weekend)
- School type:
- Public school
- Provided in full
- Housing provided + AED 20,000 (~$5,000) furniture allowance
- Between AED 12,300-19,000 p/month ($3,350-$5,300) with no income tax
- Health insurance provided
- 11 weeks paid vacation
- Around 10 Islamic and national holidays per year
- Must be a native English speaker
- Must be citizen of Canada, Britain, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, United States or South Africa
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 2 years post-certification experience required
- Valid teaching license/certification required
After clicking "Apply Now" and filling out the registration form, one of our recruiting specialists will schedule a screening interview on the phone.