Online MA in TESOL!
Silly Hallowe'en Jokes
There are numerous Hallowe'en jokes available on the internet.
Here's a matching exercise that I used with my class:
1.Why did Dracula take cough medicine?
2. Why don't mummies take vacations?
3. What do they teach in witching school?
4. What building does Dracula visit in NYC?
5. Why are vampires like false teeth?
6. What instrument do skeletons play?
7. What do you call a witch who lives on the beach?
8. What kind of makeup do ghosts wear?
9. Why didn't the skeleton dance at the party?
a. A sand-witch
c. For his coffin
d. They both come out at night
f. He had no body to dance with
g. They're afraid they'll relax and unwind.
i. The Vampire State Building.
(Solution: 1.c; 2.g; 3.e; 4.i; 5.d; 6.h; 7.a; 8.b; 9.f)
1. What is a vampire's favorite holiday?
2. What kind of street does a ghost like to live on?
3. What is a ghost's favorite holiday?
4. What do you call a witch's garage?
5. Why did the ghost go into the bar?
6. Where do baby ghosts come from?
7. What did one ghost say to another?
8. What song does Dracula hate?
9. Why does a witch ride a broom?
a. April Ghoul's Day
b. A broom closet.
c. "You are my sunshine"
d. To get some boos.
f. "Do you believe in people?"
g. Vaccuums get stuck at the end of the chord.
h. Boo genes
i. A dead end
(Solution: 1.e; 2. i; 3.a; 4.b; 5.d; 6. h; 7.f; 8.c; 9.g)
You can either make a worksheet of the jokes, or put the
Questions and Answers on index cards and have students try to
find their "partner."
Durham Technical Community College
World's Best Jobs!
Dave's ESL Cafe Copyright © 2016 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.