Country and Animal Math Game
I got that as a joke, but thought it would be a nice way to practice figures with my students. Thought you might like it as well.
1. Ask the students to think of and write down one coutnry and one animal for each letter of this alphabet as homework.
2. Copy each instruction on a separate sheet, and number them on the outside as well.
3. Hand out the sheets, and ask each student to read his part, and the others to do what they were told.
DO NOT SKIP AHEAD. Read this text ONE LINE AT A TIME
1) pick a number from 1-9
2) subtract 5
3) multiply by 3
4) square the number (multiply by the same number-not square root)
5) add the digits until you get only one digit (i.e. 64=6+4= 10=1+0=1)
6) if the number is less than 5, add five. Otherwise subtract 4.
7) multiply by 2
8) subtract 6
9) map the digit to a letter in the alphabet 1=A, 2=B, 3=C, etc...
10) pick a name of a country that begins with that letter
11) take the second letter in the country name and think of a mammal that
begins with that letter
12) think of the color of that mammal
13. You have a grey elephant from Denmark. 14. (Unless you have a red orangutan from the Dominican Republic!!)
Location: Geneva, Switzerland
World's Best Jobs!
Dave's ESL Cafe Copyright © 2008 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.