Online MA in TESOL!
Disposable Camera Activity
Here's an idea if:
a. your students are independent/adult enough to travel around the city alone; and
b. you have approximately 3-4 hours
1. Divide students into groups of 2 or 3.
2. Provide each group with a disposable camera.
3. Then hand out a list to each group of things in the city they must photograph. You can shorten the exercise by limiting it to, say, the downtown area, or you can lengthen it and give them 5 days or a week to complete the exercise.
4. Have the photos developed (I work at a private academy, so this isn't a problem for me, but this could be a drawback for others). I usually drop them off at Wal-Mart and get them back in 3 or 4 days, it's pretty cheap, and my institution pays for it.
5. Compare to see who was the most successful and why.
The students love this exercise, as it gets them off their butts and outside, moving around. I'm in Canada, so I find it works best in the summer time. Each list should be of different things to photograph. Let me know what you think...and thanks to everyone else for all the great ideas!
World's Best Jobs!
Dave's ESL Cafe Copyright © 2016 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.