Online MA in TESOL!
Socca Bottle Shootout
It's about time I submit something; I hope this is useful!
This idea is a lot of fun when you have classes up to 20 students,
Lower level, young learners between 8 and 15 years old.
1) Get two empty plastic bottles, or plastic bowling tenpins (I think that's what they're called);
2) Put them on the floor, about 15 feet apart;
2) Let two students come up front and let them stand behind the bottles or tenpins.
3) let students answer a few questions or do a small dialogue;
4) give them a ball and let them try to hit the other studentís bottle or tenpin by shooting at it.
A few things:
1) remind your students to shoot gently, you don't want the other students to go home with a black eye;
2) add more distance when you think it's too easy. Put the bottles closer together when it's too hard;
3) students keep on shooting until one student's bottle falls over;
4) they can't prevent the ball hitting their bottle at any time. They shoot from behind their own bottle.
Hope you can use this in your class,
Anhui Province, China
World's Best Jobs!
Dave's ESL Cafe Copyright © 2016 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.