Online MA in TESOL!
Instructions: GRAMMAR BINGO
1. Ask students to draw twenty five boxes (five columns/five rows).
2. List 40 verbs on the black board
3. Ask students to choose any twenty five verbs and to illustrate the verbs using stick figures or other images in each box.
4. In pairs, ask students to guess the verb that their partner drew in the box. This will clear up any ambiguities by allowing students to make any necessary changes. Put all of the finished boards in a box in the front of the room. Let the students choose a board that is not their own.
5. Ask students to take a new piece of paper. Ask the students to cut 10 strips from the paper. Next, ask the students to write 10 sentences ( 1 per strip) on the paper using the verbs on the board.
6. Collect everyone's strips and put them in a box at the front of the room.
7. Pull a strip of paper from the box. Read the sentence to the class. If the student has a picture illustrating that verb, they can block the picture with a small paper. To win the student must get five in a row, five down, or five diagonally.
This activity is great fun and very student centered. If you have further questions about how to play, feel free to contact me at the email address above.
World's Best Jobs!
Dave's ESL Cafe Copyright © 2016 Dave Sperling. All Rights Reserved.