Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada
Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Lost TESOL Certificate

Posted By: Mark <>
Date: Monday, 5 August 2019, at 9:13 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Lost TESOL Certificate (Anntain Hubbard)

I did the TESOL certificate with them in Montreal, April of 2001 when they were called Teach and Travel. I've been in the same predicament trying to contact them for records of my transcripts or their whereabouts, as I'm considering returning to teaching ESL after so many years.

After contacting several institutions recently (August 2019) in search of these records I was informed through TESOL Canada that they (T&T, then International TESOL College/LATIE) were shut down by the Government of Ontario for being a non-accredited program which in Ontario is illegal.

They were for a time located in Progreso, Mexico at Calle 21, No. 120 Progreso, Yucatan, which is now a hotel/bed & breakfast that has as per their reply nothing to do with I.TESOL C./LATIE. I did receive a replacement certificate many years ago before they were shut down or that I had known that they were not operating as an accredited entity in Ontario, but at this point it's pretty safe to say that obtaining anything from that former institution is a forgone matter. If there is any way that that isn't the case I'd be glad to know about it.

There are apparently options through TESOL Canada, TESL Canada, and others which in circumstances such as these one can do what is called a PLAR, or Prior Learning Assessment & Recognition to become accredited to teach in Canada and internationally through an assessment based on your experience and education. The link to information on the TESL PLAR should be posted with this message.

I'll be in contact with TESL Canada and other institutions offering the PLAR and follow up with results here for anyone who may be interested.

TESL Canada PLAR Information

Messages In This Thread

Lost TESOL Certificate
N Biasatti -- Friday, 21 December 2012, at 5:39 a.m.
Tim -- Friday, 21 December 2012, at 2:41 p.m.
Global Teacher -- Sunday, 23 December 2012, at 3:18 p.m.
Nancy -- Monday, 31 December 2012, at 8:27 a.m.
Nancy -- Saturday, 22 December 2012, at 8:53 a.m.
nomad soul -- Friday, 21 December 2012, at 11:56 a.m.
Kaylene Bawden -- Saturday, 5 July 2014, at 1:47 p.m.
Tim -- Sunday, 6 July 2014, at 12:49 p.m.
Anntain Hubbard -- Tuesday, 28 May 2019, at 6:46 a.m.
Mark -- Monday, 5 August 2019, at 9:13 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!