Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada
Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Grad Cert TESOL and Cert IV TESOL

Posted By: Enzo <>
Date: Monday, 5 November 2018, at 4:11 p.m.

Hi guys,

I am hoping somebody can shed some light on this for me.

I have just completed an undergraduate degree in linguistics in Australia and I now wish to complete a TESOL course so I can get into the field in Australia.

Problem is, there is a lot of HYPE about NEAS recognized courses and sadly neither of the ones I am looking at are NEAS recognized due to their teaching practicum component. Both are government recognized, just not NEAS endorsed. Problem is that the only companies that do offer NEAS approved courses are so expensive and I cannot get a student loan to do them however, with the grad cert I can get a student loan and the cert IV I am looking at is reasonable priced.

My question is: Does it really matter if a course is not NEAS endorsed to work in Australia? Is all the hype for nothing?

Also, how are Grad certs in TESOL viewed in Europe as a qualification to teach English or do they prefer CELTA?

Many thanks,
Enzo

Messages In This Thread

Grad Cert TESOL and Cert IV TESOL
Enzo -- Monday, 5 November 2018, at 4:11 p.m.
Re: Grad Cert TESOL and Cert IV TESOL
spiral78 -- Tuesday, 6 November 2018, at 1:18 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!