Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada
Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Failing the CELTA

Posted By: Drew <>
Date: Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.

I studied for my CELTA at a CELTA academy down in South America. I ended up failing. The reason I was told was because I was not able to complete the lessons in the given time frames. I did have trouble with this issue. Interestingly enough though, there was another student who failed the course as well who had an extensive background in teaching English as a second language. I always thought it was really odd that I failed the course though. It didn't make sense especially with someone with a more extensive background than I did who failed it as well.

Fast forward to a very recent discussion I had with someone who had their DELTA. I told them about my experience. They told me they thought who ever failed me was being too harsh in the grading and that in their opinion I shouldn't have failed.

I am wondering now, is it common to fail your CELTA because of having difficulty of completing the lessons within the given time frames? The course I took seemed very rigid about this. If so, what remedies do you suggest for correcting the problem when preparing for the lessons. I have been thin king on trying the CELTA again.

It has also been suggested to me to try a different pedagogy like SIT.

Messages In This Thread

Failing the CELTA
Drew -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.
Re: Failing the CELTA
Martin McMorrow -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.
Re: Failing the CELTA
spiral78 -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!