Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada
Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Short term work in Asia with little/no experie

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.

In Response To: Short term work in Asia with little/no experience (Alv)

I want to get a taste of teaching ESL in Asia (preferably in Taiwan, Korea, Japan , China). It would be a new field for me as I currently have no certification and no experience in teaching anything - other than volunteering roles with kids in Canada. A raw beginner. Is there any chance to get a sampling of teaching in Asia for a shorter 3, 4 or 6 month period and what situations/ places would bring in someone like me? I think most postings want 1 year commitment and with little/no experience, i expect my pay would be minimal, if anything. eg. would I need to look for teaching positions as a 'volunteer' or might some place want & pay for someone inexperienced, but native speaker? Where might I find/ search for these places?

I think less developed countries (like Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand) may be more open to take raw rookies, but it's not my first choice.

I want to try ESL teaching (ideally for short term) to see if I like it without diving into the deep end with certification and long term contracts. Or is that not realistic?

Any suggestions & advice would be greatly appreciated.

Since your questions are job related, I suggest you head to the Cafe's country and region-specific jobs discussion forums and ask there. You'd need to register to post. See the link below.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/index.php

Messages In This Thread

Short term work in Asia with little/no experience
Alv -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.
nomad soul -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.
Stephen -- Wednesday, 19 September 2018, at 1:42 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!