120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Ma Tesol In China

Posted By: Stephen
Date: Saturday, 24 March 2018, at 12:35 p.m.

In Response To: Ma Tesol In China (Tom)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I will give you mine. If I was a TEFL employer about to hire, and handsomely pay in one of my schools, a credible teaching professional with an MA TESOL, I would more than likely choose an applicant with an MA TESOL from an English speaking country, such as Australia, Britain, USA, Canada.

My first question to an applicant with an MA TESOL from China is, why did you choose China to obtain an essential English language post-secondary credential where most TEFL professionals will sight you the countries listed as being the go to geographic areas for accredited English post graduate studies? If you feel comfortable explaining to a prospective TEFL employer why and how an MA TESOL from China is far superior to any other world renown MA TESOL, go for it.

Middle East TEFL employers can be very discriminating in their candidate choice since they are usually the highest paying employers in the TEFL field, and they have a plethora of well qualified MA TESOL applicants to choose from.

Messages In This Thread

Ma Tesol In China
Tom -- Monday, 26 March 2018, at 9:26 a.m.
Tim -- Thursday, 29 March 2018, at 10:57 p.m.
Tom -- Thursday, 29 March 2018, at 3:42 a.m.
Tim -- Sunday, 15 April 2018, at 10:17 p.m.
Re: MA TESOL In China
nomad soul -- Saturday, 24 March 2018, at 12:53 p.m.
Stephen -- Saturday, 24 March 2018, at 12:35 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!