120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Getting started

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 19 March 2018, at 5:01 p.m.

In Response To: Getting started (Mal)

I'm interested in starting a TEFL course (with aspirations of one day moving to Japan to seek a career and living there) but upon speaking to an advisor they recommended me to here, in terms of my background, I am a native English speaker and my formal education is sadly somewhat limited (I was informed that most posting in Japan will typically require a bachelors degree of some type) as I only have GCSE's.

It is something I am greatly interested in doing but I'll admit to being a bit unsure where to start or how to go about things.

Regardless of the country, if your TEFL plans are long term, you'll need to complete at least a bachelor's degree.

For responses from expats teaching in Japan, head over to the Cafe's Japan jobs discussion forum at the link below. You'll need to register to post your questions on that forum.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/

Messages In This Thread

Getting started
Mal -- Tuesday, 20 March 2018, at 10:42 a.m.
GambateBingBangBOOM -- Monday, 19 March 2018, at 5:15 p.m.
nomad soul -- Monday, 19 March 2018, at 5:01 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!