Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada
Oxford Seminars - 100 Course Locations Throughout The US & Canada

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 17 September 2018, at 3:59 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA (Davood)

I have PhD in English Language and Literature and have been teaching for four years at universities. Now I have decided to teach English abroad, I just want to know whether I need a CELTA or TEFL to apply for English teaching job in countries like China, Korea, or Japan?

If you hold a passport from from a non-Anglophone country, you should first check if you can obtain a work visa to teach in those countries. Be aware that none of that will matter if employers prefer a native English speaker.

That said, PhD holders generally teach in academic/degree programs and not as language teachers. Employers in those countries may wonder why you want to focus on language skills instead.

Since your question is job-related, I suggest you ask about the CELTA over on the Cafe's country-specific jobs discussion forums at the link below. The Korea forum requires separate registration.

http://forums.eslcafe.com/job/

Messages In This Thread

CELTA
Davood -- Monday, 17 September 2018, at 3:59 a.m.
Stephen -- Monday, 17 September 2018, at 3:59 a.m.
Koko the Monkey -- Monday, 17 September 2018, at 3:59 a.m.
nomad soul -- Monday, 17 September 2018, at 3:59 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!