120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Teaching English in Japan - TEFL hours

Posted By: Jonathan S <[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, 30 November 2017, at 3:40 p.m.

Hello all! First time user and first time poster here. My name is Jonathan. I'm currently travelling in Australia and am thinking of enrolling in a CELTA TEFL course at one of the universities here to realise my ambition of teaching English in Japan. I have a question to ask you before I do.

I have a degree in English Literature and Politics, and have experience mentoring younger university students (18+) and taking classes (around 10 hours total at a guess) of students aged 11-18 as a student ambassador. The CELTA courses I am looking at total at 120 hours, but I read on one website that Japanese schools often look for people with a 168 hour qualification, or that I should try and get a 140 hour combined qualification to make up for my lack of experience. In your opinion, would the 120 hour CELTA course provide me with the correct amount of time to land me a job teaching English in Japan?

Thanks in advance for your time,

Jonathan

Messages In This Thread

Teaching English in Japan - TEFL hours
Jonathan S -- Thursday, 30 November 2017, at 3:40 p.m.
Re: Teaching English in Japan - TEFL hours
nomad soul -- Saturday, 2 December 2017, at 7:34 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!