TEFL International - Get The Best TEFL TESOL Course!
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

MA loans in the UK

Posted By: Martin McMorrow <mmcm@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 13 July 2017, at 6:08 p.m.

UK / EU citizens who are considering starting an MA in our field (e.g. in ELT / TESOL / Applied Linguistics etc) in the UK this September/Oct may be eligible for a student loan of up to 10k GBP.

The various conditions are listed on the site at the end of this message. I've just pasted in below the nationality or residency requirements:


You can get the Postgraduate Loan if all of the following apply:

you’re a UK or EU national, or have ‘settled status’, so there are no restrictions on how long you can stay
you normally live in England, and didn’t move there just to study
you’ve been living in the UK, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for 3 years before starting your course

You may also be eligible if you’re an EU national and all the following apply:

you’re living in England on the first day of the first year of your course
you’ve normally lived in the European Economic Area or Switzerland for the past 3 years (this is also known as being ‘ordinarily resident’)
you’ll be studying at a university or college in England

You could also be eligible if you’re:

the child of a Swiss national
the child of a Turkish worker
a refugee or a relative of one
an EEA or Swiss migrant worker, or a relative of one
under humanitarian protection or a relative of someone who has been granted it
18 or over and have lived in the UK for at least 20 years or at least half your life


Martin McMorrow, Learning Consultant, Massey University, New Zealand

Eligibility for UK Postgrad Loans

Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!