TEFL International - Get The Best TEFL TESOL Course!
TEFL Courses, TESOL Course, English Teaching Jobs - TEFL International

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Masters of Education

Posted By: Stephen
Date: Friday, 2 June 2017, at 4:50 p.m.

In Response To: Masters of Education (David Dykstra)

After doing a fair bit of research on the best M.Ed. with a major in TESOL and reasonably priced, from my perspective, I have to recommend Australian universities. I found they offered a wide variety of Masters programs with a wide variety of choice in academic courses, for example, some with Thesis others without.

Not to sway your final decision, I finally settled for the University of Tasmania's M. Ed. (TESOL) because it served my EFL academic purposes at the time and vis-ŗ-vis the Canadian dollar back then, the Program was reasonably priced.

As was stated in a previous post, only you can decide what is best for your EFL teaching future so your eventual choice will have to reflect what your future goals are in the profession. Obtaining a M.Ed. (TESOL) without a Thesis will prevent you from pursuing a PhD in the field at most reputable universities, if that is in your future, just to sight one example for Program precaution.

Messages In This Thread

Masters of Education
David Dykstra -- Wednesday, 31 May 2017, at 6:25 a.m.
Tim -- Thursday, 1 June 2017, at 12:56 a.m.
GambateBingBangBOOM -- Wednesday, 31 May 2017, at 6:30 p.m.
nomad soul -- Wednesday, 31 May 2017, at 5:12 p.m.
Stephen -- Friday, 2 June 2017, at 4:50 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!