120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

120-hour TEFL Course in Madrid, Spain with Job Placement!
Baxter International TEFL School

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Which TEFL training in Prague is the best for

Posted By: spiral78
Date: Tuesday, 20 December 2016, at 11:55 a.m.

In Response To: Which TEFL training in Prague is the best for me?? (Hayley)

Hayley, I'm guessing that you are American from your use of 'college' in your post. If yes (or if you are from any other non-EU member country and thus have no automatic right to work in the EU), you might want to aim for August if possible to complete a TEFL course in Prague, particularly IF you intend to stay in the region to try to find a job. That is because US citizens (and other non-EU citizens) have maximum 90 days to stay in the Schengen zone before you must have found a job that will help you get a work visa, or to file an application to work as an independent contractor - or you have to leave the entire zone for 90 days to restart the tourist visa. A simple border run won't work for the Czech Rep. If you finish a course in July, you are very unlikely to find ANY work before the schools re-open from their August break in September, thus leaving yourself only 30 days or so to get your (complicated) paperwork sorted. If you start your 90-day clock in August at the latest possible date, you will have more time to find a job/jobs and to file everything.

As for TEFL courses, all those you name except TEFL Live I am familiar with - they are all long-term programs in the city and all have good reps. If you read reviews, you will of course find an occasional complaint, but that's true of any course. And these are intensive, as are all solid entry-level courses, so of course some people are overwhelmed. Plan to spend the month of the course really working hard and you'll be fine - it's people who make having a lot of fun during the course who find the things challenging, usually.

There is a Czech Rep forum on the Jobs Discussion board and you can find out more there.

Messages In This Thread

Which TEFL training in Prague is the best for me??
Hayley -- Monday, 19 December 2016, at 5:34 p.m.
Re: Which TEFL training in Prague is the best for
spiral78 -- Tuesday, 20 December 2016, at 11:55 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Get TEFL Certified & Start Your Adventure Today!
Teach English Abroad and Get Paid to see the World!