Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

CELTA Certificate vs other options

Posted By: Alex Jordan <alexmjordan@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 21 August 2014, at 10:45 a.m.

Hi, I am new to the field of teaching English as a 2nd language. My goal is NOT to teach abroad but to privately teach English to foreign students living in the US or coming to the US.

In my research on different certificate programs, it seems to me that CELTA offers excellent training, but they are also the most expensive program I have come across. At the NYC location that I would be taking the course from, it is currently $2695 for the course.

Given my goal of teaching here in the USA, can anyone suggest a certificate program that is as good in terms of quality, but perhaps costs less that the CELTA?

Thank in advance for your suggestions.

Messages In This Thread

CELTA Certificate vs other options
Alex Jordan -- Thursday, 21 August 2014, at 10:45 a.m.
Re: CELTA Certificate vs other options
nomad soul -- Friday, 22 August 2014, at 9:46 a.m.
Tim -- Tuesday, 26 August 2014, at 7:04 a.m.
Bergman -- Friday, 29 August 2014, at 3:23 a.m.
Tim -- Friday, 29 August 2014, at 10:07 p.m.
El Jefe -- Thursday, 28 August 2014, at 3:35 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT