Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA courses ILC Paris, HELP!

Posted By: Max <maxhunter100@hotmail.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, 8 May 2014, at 11:35 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA courses ILC Paris, HELP! (Joy)

Hi there, I know it's a bit late but I'm sure there'll be others who are interested in studying at ILC Paris so I thought I'd reply.
I completed the CELTA at ILC in 2013 and would advise against studying there. I did fine on the course and used my CELTA to find work afterwards, so it's certainly a good qualification. However, I found the experience at ILC extremely underwhelming. I had done my research and knew it was going to be hard work, which it was, but that isn't the source of my dissatisfaction. I was very unimpressed with one of the teachers. She did not assist students' learning in a way that one may expect considering the price of the course. This may seem a bit much but in that there are only two teachers this equates to half of the teaching staff. There were massive inconsistencies in the way that students were treated, supported and assessed. Again, I would point out that I did well in the course, however, it was not nice to see students being so poorly taught.
My overall advice would be to do the CELTA but to avoid ILC and take your custom elsewhere.

Messages In This Thread

CELTA courses ILC Paris, HELP!
Joy -- Monday, 10 September 2007, at 1:15 p.m.
Lucy Whitehouse -- Sunday, 8 May 2011, at 12:39 p.m.
Max -- Thursday, 8 May 2014, at 11:35 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT