Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Adventure Teaching

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Tuesday, 6 May 2014, at 1:09 p.m.

In Response To: Adventure Teaching (Tobias)

I'm looking into getting a basic TEFL Certification and a friend reccomended Adventure Teaching. Does anyone know how recognized they are internationally?

I know I could get much more job opportunities with a CELTA or some other course that includes in-classroom experience but the truth is I'm not sure I want to do TEFL as a career; I'd just like to get a simple certification that gives me an introductory knowledge and slight edge over the non-certified competition...without breaking the bank.

If you'd had gone onto that company's site, you would have noticed they focus only on China and Korea. Obviously, a TEFL cert that's specific to two countries doesn't equate to 'international recognition'; that designation goes to the CELTA, followed by the Trinity CertTESOL and SIT TESOL.

If you want to see if teaching English is right for you, check out your local, non-profit refugee/ESL literacy organizations and sign on to as a volunteer teaching assistant or classroom tutor for at least a couple of months. Maybe they'll even allow you to teach a class on your own at some point. The only costs to you are gas and your time. Anyway, if that experience turns out to be a good one for you, then go for the CELTA and start teaching. Otherwise, pick any of the blah TEFL certs out there and head to wherever that type of cert is accepted.

Messages In This Thread

Adventure Teaching
Tobias -- Monday, 5 May 2014, at 11:53 a.m.
nomad soul -- Tuesday, 6 May 2014, at 1:09 p.m.
Tim -- Wednesday, 7 May 2014, at 2:02 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT