Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Schooling in Turkey/Work Visa

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Saturday, 19 April 2014, at 9:43 a.m.

In Response To: Schooling in Turkey/Work Visa (Sara Anderson)

I am thinking about going to ITI in Istanbul for my CELTA training. According to the Turkish Consulate in Los Angeles (States), they said that I have to come back after my schooling to get a work visa before returning to Turkey. How can I do this if I don't have a job offer and wouldn't that be a waste of time and possible loss of job if I have to fly back and forth just for a work visa?

I don't want to spend a lot of money to go to school and then find out I have to fly back and forth (more money). I am so confused right now but I really want to teach in Istanbul. I also want to make sure I am legal.

Do employers help new teachers get these visas for us?

It's not uncommon for employers worldwide to help new employees get their work permits/visas; however, the scope of that assistance is based on the country's specific visa regulations. For example, many countries have visa regs that require the new employee to apply for the visa while on their home soil (or outside the target country) through the target country's consulate. In these situations, the employer sends or submits their documentation from their end while the new employee does his/her part of the process (e.g, degree attestation, blood tests, criminal background reports, etc.). Having the proper visa and/or permit before entering the country protects both the new employee and the employer by ensuring employment is legal under the country's labor laws.

There are other places to get your CELTA training. Anyway, I suggest you head to the Cafe's Turkey jobs discussion forum for info and answers on obtaining employment and teacher training. You'd need to register to post your questions.

Messages In This Thread

Schooling in Turkey/Work Visa
Sara Anderson -- Friday, 18 April 2014, at 3:24 p.m.
nomad soul -- Saturday, 19 April 2014, at 9:43 a.m.
spiral78 -- Saturday, 19 April 2014, at 8:45 a.m.
31 -- Wednesday, 28 May 2014, at 12:24 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT