Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA to MA

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 11:56 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA to MA (CityGirl)

I have been teaching ESL in various adult education classes in the past 5 years with my CELTA certificate. I'm getting older and need to be financially more stable and secure, so I have been thinking about going back to finish my MA.

Does anyone know of any MA program that waives practicum or gives credits for people with teaching experience? What would be the fastest way to get MA in TESOL? I live in NY.

You've already been teaching with a CELTA, so no need to look at MA TESOL programs with a practical component unless you haven't been regularly observed at your current position. But in answer to your question, no, a credible MA TESOL program doesn't give credit for teaching experience. Besides, they don't know the quality of your teaching.

As for the fastest MA TESOL, that depends on how many credits you can handle per semester. And since you're a NY resident and are familiar with the area, I'm sure you'll find a grad program that fits your needs. That may entail doing an Internet search for universities in your region.

Messages In This Thread

CELTA to MA
CityGirl -- Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 7:30 a.m.
Tim -- Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 11:12 p.m.
CityGirl -- Sunday, 13 April 2014, at 5:51 p.m.
nomad soul -- Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 11:56 a.m.
CityGirl -- Sunday, 13 April 2014, at 6:03 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT