Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

CELTA with International House, Thailand anyone?

Posted By: RVM <mindfutures@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 7 April 2014, at 7:14 p.m.

I have been corresponding with International House, Bangkok about their Celta course. I have been accepted into their programme. However there is one thing that greatly concerns me. In my email correspondence with them they have been very unhelpful, failing to respond to most of my queries. In fact they have only responded to one of the last six of my emails. All these have been pretty standard requests for details about banking transactions in Thailand. Because they have no bank number for their specified bank, I have had a great deal of trouble wiring the money through. I had asked them repeatedly how to solve the problem, and I have made suggestions - but they simply do no respond. I find this bizarre, as they are the ones who are going to lose my course fee if I don't enrol.

I also found the guy who interviewed me over the phone to be rather terse. I would have thought that part of his job would be to make the potential client feel that he/she is welcome and that we are about to work as a team. Instead he seemed overly officious and serious.

So all in all, I don't get a great impression of this mob, and am thinking of enrolling in another school, maybe in Vietnam. Going to another country to study an intense course is stressful enough without having to deal with an admin team who don't seem to really care about their clients.

Has anybody else done the CELTA course through International House in Thailand? (Also in Chiang Maki and Phuket). Are they good to work with? Or was your experience similar to mine in my initial contacts with them? Any input would be helpful.

RVM

Messages In This Thread

CELTA with International House, Thailand anyone?
RVM -- Monday, 7 April 2014, at 7:14 p.m.
Re: CELTA with International House, Thailand anyon
Tim -- Saturday, 12 April 2014, at 11:02 p.m.
Re: CELTA with International House, Thailand anyon
RVM -- Thursday, 15 May 2014, at 1:37 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT