Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Looking for a MA of TESOL program with combine

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 24 February 2014, at 10:32 p.m.

In Response To: Looking for a MA of TESOL program with combined DE (Joey S.)

I'm looking for a specific program that combines a MA in TESOL with DELTA (finishing with both) but am having some trouble. I've found University of Bath has such a program but that's the only one I've seen. I know the DELTA can be used as credit for a MA program but that's not what I'm looking for. If you have any information of such a program or how to find one I would appreciate it.

The reason you're having trouble finding that specific combination---a "complete" package---is because only some (not all) TESOL-related MA programs in the UK accept Delta credits, and not all of those credits are transferable. Do an Internet search on 'uk universities accept Delta degree credits' for a list of programs that accept a certain number of Delta credits.

You didn't state why you wanted to go this route, but frankly, it may be best to save yourself the time looking and just enroll in your chosen MA program while setting aside time to take the Delta concurrently. Your uni advisor should be able to assist you in establishing a schedule. Otherwise, get your degree, and if it lacks a practical component, tack on a CELTA, which along with post-grad experience is enough to get you into a well-paying teaching position in the Gulf region of the Middle East.

Messages In This Thread

Looking for a MA of TESOL program with combined DE
Joey S. -- Saturday, 22 February 2014, at 10:18 p.m.
Tim -- Monday, 24 February 2014, at 11:50 a.m.
spiral78 -- Tuesday, 25 February 2014, at 5:13 a.m.
Tim -- Tuesday, 25 February 2014, at 10:06 a.m.
nomad soul -- Monday, 24 February 2014, at 10:32 p.m.
uqsgolla -- Tuesday, 22 April 2014, at 11:03 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT