Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Anaheim University MA TESOL

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Saturday, 25 January 2014, at 12:11 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Anaheim University MA TESOL (Rachelle Frazier)

Has anyone recently been through Anaheim University's MA TESOL program? I don't think the accreditation would hold me back from getting a job but I am concerned about the quality of the courses and the interaction with the professors. I studied a little TESOL during undergraduate and have had 2 years of experience teaching in the field internationally. The program looks great but is it everything that it claims to be?

I have no personal experience with the program nor have I worked with anyone who holds an MA in TESOL from this university, so I can't offer my opinion either way. However, their course offerings are very typical of MA TESOL programs at many other US universities, including those with regional accreditation. Nothing fishy about that. But since you feel their accreditation won't hold you back from employment, it seems your concerns are about studying their program via online and if it provides interaction with the instructors. Perhaps you didn't see the following on their website: "...studying face-to-face with Anaheim University's globally acclaimed TESOL professors and classmates through live weekly online HD webcam classes and at 2 four-day on-campus residential sessions." Sounds interactive to me.

Anyway, instead of waiting for responses to trickle in on this forum, I suggest you do an Internet search on 'Anaheim University MA TESOL review' to hit a wider range of forums and blogs referring to the program, including comments on the ESL Cafe's job discussion forums. Plus, you might give their website a more thorough look for answers to your questions.

Messages In This Thread

Anaheim University MA TESOL
Kevin -- Friday, 13 June 2008, at 9:20 p.m.
Allen -- Tuesday, 17 June 2008, at 2:18 a.m.
Sam -- Monday, 26 January 2009, at 5:04 p.m.
J -- Thursday, 5 November 2009, at 12:02 a.m.
Pam Grill -- Saturday, 7 February 2009, at 9:17 p.m.
Ryan -- Tuesday, 10 February 2009, at 1:12 a.m.
Bob -- Tuesday, 10 February 2009, at 9:11 p.m.
My Name is Joe and I AM. CANADIAN. -- Wednesday, 11 February 2009, at 4:58 p.m.
Re: Anaheim University MA TESOL - NOTHING IFFY!!
JENNIE -- Monday, 16 February 2009, at 5:34 a.m.
gadget -- Saturday, 21 February 2009, at 2:24 a.m.
Rachelle Frazier -- Thursday, 23 January 2014, at 11:01 p.m.
nomad soul -- Saturday, 25 January 2014, at 12:11 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT