Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Is it right for me? CELTA and TEFL in general

Posted By: Carl Taylor <promoeventmanager@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 3:17 p.m.

In Response To: Is it right for me? CELTA and TEFL in general (Alex)

Hi Alex,

Hope your well. I am currently taking a month intensive Celta course in Edinburgh, Scotland. I am in my 1st week (4th day tomorrow) and I feel like I'm hanging on the edge of a cliff right now because - My lack of knowledge of grammar. So when the tutors ask - What tense is this - Past simple, present perfect? I can't answer straight away. That's no problem, but when you come to teach a language lesson to the students then you do need to know it.

I applied for my course in November last year and so wish I'd studied more grammar before starting the course. I could have done with 6 months reading up instead of a month perhaps. I am now thinking that I should have done a weekend TEFL course to see if it was for me. So before committing to a Celta intensive or part time, maybe think about dipping your toe in with a shorter course.

If you are going to do the intensive - Put your life on hold for a month, tell your friends your not available etc...

I have taught 1 practice lesson already on Wednesday & I have another lesson tomorrow on reading and asking questions.

Anyway best of luck with making a decision what route you want to take.

Messages In This Thread

Is it right for me? CELTA and TEFL in general
Alex -- Tuesday, 7 January 2014, at 11:32 p.m.
Carl Taylor -- Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 3:17 p.m.
Tim -- Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 11:52 a.m.
Katrina Bourke -- Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 11:35 a.m.
Alex -- Friday, 10 January 2014, at 10:45 a.m.
Tim -- Sunday, 12 January 2014, at 10:27 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT