Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Should I teach English?

Posted By: Tim
Date: Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 11:59 a.m.

In Response To: Should I teach English? (Alex)

Most language teaching advice from theory and practicing teachers is that immersing yourself in a country and culture with the language all around you is a very effective way of leaning it. Many schools will also offer their English teachers classes in the local language to help them.
So that idea is not bad for you, if you can try to keep your English usage restricted to your job,an try to use the local language at the shops, making friends, etc.

BUT
What's your passport? That really can make a difference as to how easy it is to get a working visa for Europe.

Other questions mostly answered on your other thread.

Messages In This Thread

Should I teach English?
Alex -- Tuesday, 7 January 2014, at 11:43 a.m.
Tim -- Wednesday, 8 January 2014, at 11:59 a.m.
nomad soul -- Thursday, 9 January 2014, at 1:45 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT