Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Review for Celta courses?

Posted By: Randall <R2Ruble@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 6 November 2013, at 4:01 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Review for Celta courses? (Neil)

I interviewed with a number of different CETLA centers and was really turned off by the attitudes of the interviewers. I interviewed at five places: 3 in Eastern Europe, one in Western Europe and one in South America. I was 'accepted' for classes, admitted to the program, at all locations where I applied; so there was no issue with lack of credentials, educational experience or test interview performance. There seemed to me an attitude of arrogance or snobbery at every one of the CETLA centers. All cauti9oned that this would be the hardest course that I had ever taken in my life. [Really? I have a PhD and a Masters degree already.] On the basis of the attitude I just did not want to put myself in a position where a petty oligarch had power over me.
I went ahead an took the Oxford Seminars program (passed reasonable well) thinking that okay of the CETLA is as rigorous as presented then possibly the Oxford Seminar classes would be a stepping stone toward CETLA. I did find that even they seem to want to cast aspersions upon the American accent, spelling and phraseology. AS mentioned by others there was no exposure to the international phonetic symbols. But the instructor that gave the in class portion was absolutely wonderful--top notch! So the dilema I am left with is the attitude of CETLA centers.

Messages In This Thread

Review for Celta courses?
Katie -- Thursday, 22 August 2013, at 6:43 p.m.
spiral78 -- Saturday, 24 August 2013, at 4:30 a.m.
Re: Review of CELTA courses?
nomad soul -- Friday, 23 August 2013, at 6:18 p.m.
Tim -- Friday, 23 August 2013, at 3:17 p.m.
Neil -- Wednesday, 2 October 2013, at 10:48 a.m.
Randall -- Wednesday, 6 November 2013, at 4:01 p.m.
Tim -- Friday, 8 November 2013, at 2:08 p.m.
carla -- Monday, 20 January 2014, at 5:08 p.m.
nomad soul -- Tuesday, 21 January 2014, at 10:45 a.m.
Tim -- Tuesday, 21 January 2014, at 10:19 a.m.
spiral78 -- Tuesday, 21 January 2014, at 9:53 a.m.
seattlechaz -- Wednesday, 1 January 2014, at 7:03 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT