Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: MBA holder seeking opportunity in China

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 30 September 2013, at 10:55 a.m.

In Response To: MBA equipped person seeking an opportunity in Chin (Nicholas)

I seeking an opportunity in China that will utilize my MBA, allow me to experience another country, and learn Mandarin. I will be finished with my studies in May 2014. I have read much about Business English teaching and I think this is a good option. I have 3 years of training experience in healthcare and I have always enjoyed training others. I do not have any formal education certifications, that includes TEFL.

Do you have any suggestions or forums related to this inquiry? If anyone knows of other opportunities that don't include teaching they are welcome.

A basic Internet search on 'teach business english in china' should get you started on what qualifications you'll need. As the other poster mentioned, you'll need a solid TEFL cert (preferably a CELTA) if you want employers to take you seriously---teaching a language isn't the same as training. In terms of teaching opportunities, again, the Internet is your friend; do a search using 'teach business english jobs china'. (You should be able to figure out search criteria for non-teaching jobs in your field.) I also suggest you head to the ESL Cafe's China jobs discussion forum for job-hunting tips/advice and to research employers and recruiters.

Messages In This Thread

MBA equipped person seeking an opportunity in Chin
Nicholas -- Saturday, 28 September 2013, at 1:12 p.m.
Re: MBA equipped person seeking an opportunity in
Stephen -- Sunday, 29 September 2013, at 10:58 a.m.
Re: MBA holder seeking opportunity in China
nomad soul -- Monday, 30 September 2013, at 10:55 a.m.
Tim -- Tuesday, 1 October 2013, at 11:11 a.m.
Nicholas -- Monday, 21 October 2013, at 8:43 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT