Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Masters vs. Graduate Certificate

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2013, at 12:38 p.m.

In Response To: Masters vs. Graduate Certificate (Jason Hendricks)

I have taught ESL to youngsters in Korea for the past 9 years and am planning to enroll in a graduate course in TESOL. Obviously an MA will be more valuable to me in the ESL job market, however, I wonder if a grad level Certificate program will serve me just as well. I am anxious to teach in several other countries and would like to be an attractive candidate to more exclusive schools off the beaten ESL track as well as the usual locales/employers. What do you think is the best path given my experience and goals?

It's hard to say which one because you didn't specify what you mean by "schools" nor which countries you're interested in, but obviously, an MA in TESOL would prepare you to compete for the better jobs worldwide. Since your topic is also related to jobs, I suggest you post your questions with your background info and teaching interests over on the Cafe's general job discussion forum (forums.eslcafe.com/job/).

Messages In This Thread

Masters vs. Graduate Certificate
Jason Hendricks -- Wednesday, 25 September 2013, at 7:43 a.m.
Stephen -- Wednesday, 25 September 2013, at 4:41 p.m.
nomad soul -- Wednesday, 25 September 2013, at 12:38 p.m.
Jason -- Thursday, 26 September 2013, at 9:06 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT