Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA post job placements

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Tuesday, 23 July 2013, at 6:37 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA post job placements (Bor traveler)

I am a non native english speaker and I am seriously considering a career change by having the CELTA. I would like to know if there is any school in europe that offers a post CELTA job placements; most of them offer just career advice, or just send you emails with the suitable job offers, I am looking for a school where after the CELTA, they offer me a job within the same school of elsewhere.

Having the CELTA---the most recognized teaching qualification---listed on your CV makes you appeal to employers worldwide (given you fit the other job requirements and subsequently, interview well). And frankly, receiving career advice and emails with suitable job offers should be sufficient in helping you get your first entry-level TEFL job. Yes, entry-level, which means it's not realistic for you to expect to get a job at the school that provided your CELTA training. In other words, those positions are for experienced teachers, not newbies. That being said, you might look into getting your CELTA with the British Council; they occasionally have internships.

Messages In This Thread

CELTA post job placements
Bor traveler -- Tuesday, 23 July 2013, at 3:08 a.m.
nomad soul -- Tuesday, 23 July 2013, at 6:37 a.m.
Tim -- Tuesday, 23 July 2013, at 12:46 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT