Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Bachelor Degree

Posted By: spiral78
Date: Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 8:52 a.m.

In Response To: Bachelor Degree (nancyjosie)

"I would like some information regarding obtaining a Bachelor Degree online.

I am looking for the opportunity to explore another culture and I would like to teach in the Middle East but this is not possible unless you have a Bachelor Degree.

I would like to know whether it is possible to obtain a Bachelor Degree online and if so, would this be recognized worldwide."

I'm afraid this sounds like a very unlikely plan. First of all, the ME jobs that one can get with just a BA and a TEFL cert and some general EFL teaching experience are bottom-feeder jobs. The stable jobs with good pay and benefits go to teachers with related MA and related experience; competition is fairly stiff. It would seem really a step backwards to go from what must be a quite reasonable life in Italy to being exploited by a bottom-feeder ME recruiter who will accept you with such qualifications. Further, I think that very few ME employers will accept online qualifications.
I suggest you move over to the Job discussion Board, where there is a general ME forum and ask over there what you would need to make a successful transition.

Messages In This Thread

Bachelor Degree
nancyjosie -- Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 2:14 a.m.
Tim -- Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 3:38 p.m.
nomad soul -- Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 11:41 a.m.
spiral78 -- Wednesday, 17 July 2013, at 8:52 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT