Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA semi-intensive

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Friday, 14 June 2013, at 6:24 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA semi-intensive (Jay)

I have been working as an English Language Assistant for a year now and have decided I would like to do my CELTA. I'm certain I want to do the course, however, I really want to do the course over a slightly longer time frame, ideally semi-intensive (5-10 weeks). Can anyone recommend a course? I am currently based in Southern Europe but don't have any centres accessible to me so I'm willing to move anywhere (affordable) so I can do the course.

What's affordable and suitable to others may not be for you. Additionally, there may be other factors important to you that would impact where you want to get your part-time teacher training over those 5-10 weeks.

So instead of passively waiting for a trickle of responses on this forum, I suggest you also start looking at locations based on your target countries' cost of living, transport system, climate, language(s) spoken, potential for work, etc. Make a short list of the top 2 or 3 countries that fit your financial, living, and possibly, future job interests. Then go on Cambridge ESOL's CELTA page and pull up training centers in each of your target countries for course fees/supplemental costs; a description of the facility (e.g., photocopy machines, Internet service and availabiity of computers, study rooms/a library, etc.); and proximity to where you'd be staying. You can direct any further questions to the center. You might also find reviews about them on the Internet and on the ESL Cafe's country-specific job discussion forums.

Messages In This Thread

CELTA semi-intensive
Jay -- Wednesday, 12 June 2013, at 7:19 p.m.
nomad soul -- Friday, 14 June 2013, at 6:24 a.m.
Tim -- Thursday, 13 June 2013, at 12:30 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT