Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

IDELT or Anaheim?

Posted By: Tesolator <srkoskinen@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 8 June 2013, at 1:26 p.m.

Hi,
I'm 57 years old, with a BA in English Lit. I worked as a healthcare educator for over eight years. Two years ago, I closed that door to pursue a career in ESOL. I've been tutoring ESL and TOEFL students since then, enjoying it immensely, and wanting to move forward.

The problem is that I just don't want to go through the MA program. I'm hoping if I can find the right path to walk,then my past experience, my age, and a program that teaches the "meat" of ESL education, would give me what I need to pursue opportunities in and outside of the U.S.

I read alot of good things about the "BridgeTEFL" program (IDELT), and for the money (1000 online/2600 in person), I see what appears to be a strong program (Both courses are endorsed by the University of Northern Colorado). I have also come across a year-long program in California at Anaheim University. They call it an "Undergraduate Diploma," but it is not accredited. Their tuition is 10,000 for a year. Their classes look pretty good, but they make it available to "non-degreed" people only (Which I'm sure I can get around).

So, what do you think? Is the IDELT recognized and is it enough with the experience I already have? Or does the year program make more sense, even though they are not accredited, but seem to offer an academic approach to ESL education?

What's really frustrating for me are the MA programs at anywhere from 500 - on up per credit. I just think it's ridiculous,especially now, when the last thing people my age want to do is get saddled with school loans through a government already comfortable with their hands in my pocket.

Messages In This Thread

IDELT or Anaheim?
Tesolator -- Saturday, 8 June 2013, at 1:26 p.m.
Re: IDELT or Anaheim?
nomad soul -- Sunday, 9 June 2013, at 11:07 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT