Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: CELTA or TEFl

Posted By: shannon@howtoteachenglishgrammar.com <shannon@howtoteachenglishgrammar.com>
Date: Friday, 26 April 2013, at 5:55 a.m.

In Response To: CELTA or TEFl (Sarah S)

Hi Sarah. The CELTA is Cambridge's Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults. This is a TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) course which is well recognized internationally, as it is standardized - a Cambridge examiner flies out to schools that deliver the course, to verify the grades given to graduates. This makes the course more expensive than some TEFL courses. I did the CELTA because I wanted to teach in Australia, where there is an abundance of English teachers. I would recommend the CELTA if you want to teach in an English speaking country. An online course may or may not be recognized where you want to teach, so I would recommend finding out what is required for your destination. There is no substitute for the interaction, personal coaching and practical experience that the classroom provides. I hope that helps. Best of luck! :-) Shannon of www.HowToTeachEnglishGrammar.com

Messages In This Thread

CELTA or TEFl
Sarah S -- Thursday, 25 April 2013, at 1:08 p.m.
shannon@howtoteachenglishgrammar.com -- Friday, 26 April 2013, at 5:55 a.m.
Tim -- Thursday, 25 April 2013, at 10:20 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT