Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Trinity certTESOL vs. CELTA

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Sunday, 24 March 2013, at 10:13 a.m.

In Response To: Trinity certTESOL vs. CELTA (Planets)

Hi, I like to plan my future two steps ahead. It is already my intention to apply to the TaLK Program for a year as soon as I graduate because I really like traveling. I'm about to study abroad for the third time. I decided I'm going to do this about a year ago. I as thinking this is a perfect job for me though because I love linguistics, teaching, and traveling. So I'm looking into how to get my qualifications once I'm done in South Korea. Maybe I'm thinking too far ahead but maybe not because someone on here said that you need to be qualified to teach high school in your own country and I would need to get on that ASAP, it might even put off graduation.

Anyway, I've been doing some research and I can't figure out which one of these would be better. I've heard they're the best and I should get one of them. One plus for the CELTA is that I can take it in a country that's not as expensive as the UK. I can't find an onsite program for the certTESOL anywhere else but then looking at the website for St. George International, they have a chart that list pros and cons. Are they being objective? Do the things they're talking about matter that much. My brain is on overload from looking at this stuff.

And my brain is on overload trying to fill in the blanks in order to discern what you're actually asking about! (Breathe...)

In terms of choosing one entry-level teaching qualification over the other (CELTA vs Trinity certTESOL), make it easy on yourself and choose the one that best fits your budget. That most likely would be the CELTA with its many course providers throughout the world; there are sure to be plenty of locations for you to pick from.

Kudos to you for wanting to obtain a valid teaching qualification; however, it's best if you do the course prior to accepting a teaching job; you won't be so lost once you step into the classroom and see all those eyes looking back at you. You owe it to yourself as well as to your students.

For your other questions/concerns about teaching secondary school or teaching, in general, I strongly suggest you go to the ESL Cafe's jobs discussions forums and post on the country forums you're interested in. You'll need to register for the Korea job forum and the main job forum separately. Anyway, you'll get valuable advice and information from teachers presently working in your desired countries.

Best of luck to you!

Messages In This Thread

Trinity certTESOL vs. CELTA
Planets -- Saturday, 23 March 2013, at 3:07 p.m.
Tim -- Sunday, 24 March 2013, at 11:18 a.m.
nomad soul -- Sunday, 24 March 2013, at 10:13 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT