Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Is the International House training school goo

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 4 March 2013, at 12:32 p.m.

In Response To: Re: Is the International House training school goo (Bradwell Jackson)

To answer your question, my thinking is: look, if I'm going to spend that amount of money on a CELTA certificate, I want it to be the kind of school where my prospective employer looks at it and says "Oh yeah, I've heard of that school, and it's a very good one." It's very hard for me to believe that some schools don't have a better reputation than others. Before I plunk down my money, I want to know which schools have the best reputation.

Seriously, your focus on finding the "best" school in order to impress prospective employers is pointless. The CELTA is a CELTA is a CELTA is a CELTA whether you complete it at Bubba's TESOL Shack or at the Hoity-toity School of English. It's the same content/structure/standards regardless of where it's offered, which is why it appeals to both employers and trainees. Employers will only care that you have a reputable certificate that's awarded by Cambridge. That's all. Period. Besides, it's not like you're getting a PhD; CELTA is basically an entry-level teaching qualification which, by the way, doesn't even require applicants hold a BA. Go to cambridgeenglish.org to get the facts about CELTA. Otherwise, you're just spinning your wheels.

In terms of CELTA course providers, find a training center that offers the best bang for your buck as well as suitable facilities and support, especially if you plan to complete the course in another country. That's where your focus should be.

Messages In This Thread

Is the International House training school good?
Bradwell Jackson -- Monday, 25 February 2013, at 8:31 p.m.
spiral78 -- Saturday, 2 March 2013, at 6:00 a.m.
Tim -- Friday, 1 March 2013, at 10:36 a.m.
Bradwell Jackson -- Sunday, 3 March 2013, at 9:15 p.m.
Xianlisa -- Monday, 4 March 2013, at 5:13 p.m.
nomad soul -- Monday, 4 March 2013, at 12:32 p.m.
Bradwell Jackson -- Sunday, 17 March 2013, at 11:14 p.m.
Tim -- Monday, 4 March 2013, at 10:24 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT