Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Wanting to teach with no BA degree any advice?

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Monday, 18 February 2013, at 7:26 p.m.

In Response To: Wanting to teach with no BA degree any advice? (June)

I am currently looking into teaching English overseas with a friend of mine. My friend has a BA degree and TEFL degree, so she is all set. But I don't have a BA degree, but am planning on getting a certificate in the next few months. I'm not sure what training route would be best for a person without a BA. I have heard that China, Indonesia, Spain, South America don't require a Bachelors degree, but only training. My friend also thinks that I may be able to get an assistant teacher position in some other places. That being said, I'm not sure what training would be the best. I have heard many say that CELTA is the best, but is that only for countries that also require a BA? I have heard that TEFL is noticed most in China and other asian coutries, is this true? I am looking into the ical TEFL online training and wondering if that is enough. Has anyone without a BA degree have any experience getting work? And which training has shown better prospects?

Teaching prospects are getting more limited for those without a university degree; employers or visa regulations (or even both) dictate whether academic credentials are required---requirements that can change from not being necessary to that of a must-have for (legal) employment. Anyway, this topic has been discussed numerous times on the Cafe's general and newbie job discussion forums. I suggest you head over to those forums to see where you can teach and what type of training you'd need.

Messages In This Thread

Wanting to teach with no BA degree any advice?
June -- Sunday, 17 February 2013, at 10:07 a.m.
ITTP TEFL Prague / Online -- Tuesday, 19 February 2013, at 4:16 a.m.
nomad soul -- Monday, 18 February 2013, at 7:26 p.m.
spiral78 -- Wednesday, 20 February 2013, at 10:24 a.m.
ITTP TEFL Prague / Online -- Thursday, 21 February 2013, at 7:25 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT