Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Input for a workshop please

Posted By: Tim
Date: Friday, 12 October 2012, at 6:41 p.m.

In Response To: Input for a workshop please (liz fishwick)

For 3 and 4, the many resources on Action Research (which you seem to know about) should cover it. If you are in an employed situation then ‘success’ is often either very subjective, or very circumscribed by the school’s policy. But freelance, etc then learner feedback is still as useful and arguably necessary as in a regular school and I’d have no issue using it for feedback on specific activities or activity types; as long as the feedback-collection is not done so often as to be boring for the Ss, and you figure out how to collect it in advance; just observing Ss’ reactions, or giving them a form to fill in....

I wouldn’t try something I thought wouldn’t work or be liked. Others have their own opinions, but for them, and for anything I was unsure of, there are ways to tweak it, think how to introduce it, demonstrate the usefulness of the activity, prepare ‘what if...’ options; so long as that is done, then it is worth trying.

(Tim from CS)

Messages In This Thread

Input for a workshop please
liz fishwick -- Tuesday, 9 October 2012, at 8:55 a.m.
Re: Input for a workshop please
Tim -- Friday, 12 October 2012, at 6:41 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT