Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Demo ESL Class

Posted By: Michael <michael_long73@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 10 September 2012, at 5:03 a.m.

I need to do a demo lesson before getting a job at a school in HCMC Vietnam. I was given a lesson from a students book to teach. The first lesson is a Listen and read lesson, then it has gist questions the students must answer. Should I read the story to them then have them read it themselves, before doing the gist questions? The next lesson asks the students to pair up and ask and answer questions about a picture shown in the first lesson. Do I let them pair up then find out what they came up with or do I ask them gist questions after they are finished? Next lesson asks the students to complete the sentences like for example Our house has a (then it shows a picture of a house in a yard so the student should write the house has a yard. Should I elict from the students what the house has then have them repeat the sentences? Next lesson asks the students to write the words the here in their exercise book. Should I say the words and have them repeat? Next is a picture object lesson. It asks the students to identify which ones are near their house and write sentences about their place. Should I do as the exercise said or should I like ask the students what this picture is and ask who has a for example a hotel near their house? Next is a play with words exercise. The words are Houses and Parks, Flowers and trees, Lakes and rivers, We love these. What would be a good way to teach this lesson? Sorry I was so windy but I really want to do a good job in the demo and as you may already guessed I never done a demo before. Hopefully someone can shed some light on how I should teach this. My ideas may be diffrent than yours so I welcome all comments.

Messages In This Thread

Demo ESL Class
Michael -- Monday, 10 September 2012, at 5:03 a.m.
Re: Demo ESL Class
Tim -- Tuesday, 11 September 2012, at 1:18 a.m.
Re: Demo ESL Class
nomad soul -- Monday, 10 September 2012, at 12:11 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT