Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: TEFL TEACHER TRAINING

Posted By: nomad soul
Date: Friday, 10 August 2012, at 6:15 a.m.

In Response To: Re: TOEFL TEACHER TRAINING (Jess Yates)

I actually have a few general questions. The first question is which provider of certified TESL training is the most respected around the world? It seems to me there are big differences is price (120 hrs, cert diploma ranging from $1400 to $2500). Could you clarify for me?
The second question is a more general question about the need of a cert. It seems some schools do not require the cert while others do. Ultimately is their a limitation in what would be asked of me if I was not certified?
Thank you in advance, I would love some clarification as I hope to being teaching in S Korea, Japan or China by the new year.

The original poster for this thread isn't the best person to ask about TEFL training; he's trying to direct teachers to his business.

Don't use price to ascertain which global TESL/TEFL training provider is the "most respected." Just about every provider---the good, bad, and the ugly---uses this buzz phrase as an advertising strategy to draw potential trainees to their particular certificate courses. Some can rightfully say their certificates are respected worldwide, while others, especially providers of online, quickie certs, are simply blowing hot air. Plus, TEFL cert courses vary in price from country to country due to factors that have nothing to do with the quality of training and/or content.

I suggest you check out the jobs discussion forums to see what TEFL qualifications, passport (nationality) requirements, and education are needed for the countries you mentioned. However, if you want to make TEFL a career, don't limit yourself to the point where you get stuck in one country, or set yourself up for regrets down the road (i.e., "Darn! I should have gotten a TEFL cert!). Get a CELTA or other equivalent, face-to-face 120-hour TEFL cert. that entails supervised teaching practice with real students.

Messages In This Thread

TOEFL TEACHER TRAINING
Keino Campbell -- Wednesday, 25 July 2012, at 7:55 p.m.
Re: TOEFL TEACHER TRAINING
Jess Yates -- Monday, 6 August 2012, at 8:18 a.m.
Lydia Phillips -- Thursday, 9 August 2012, at 1:51 p.m.
nomad soul -- Friday, 10 August 2012, at 6:15 a.m.
Cheryl -- Wednesday, 15 August 2012, at 12:36 a.m.
Stephen Hoare-Vance -- Saturday, 18 May 2013, at 4:22 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT