Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: MA TESOL St Clements University

Posted By: Dr. David Le Cornu <admin@stclements.edu.nu>
Date: Monday, 30 April 2012, at 9:42 p.m.

In Response To: Re: MA TESOL St Clements University (Dr Bernard Leeman)

One of my students alerted me to this thread and because it contained some factual inaccuracies, I would like to write to clarify some points that have been raised here by Dr Bernard Leeman.

St Clements University does not offer a MA in TESOL. The MA in TESOL is offered by St Clements University Higher Education School - Niue, which is a Higher Education School, licensed by the Niue Minister of Higher Education.

Files are held on all degrees issued by St Clements University Higher Education School - Niue, with evidence of the main assessment documents (invigilated examinations, assignments and other assessment work.) on a subject by subject basis for Niue Education Department inspections. Few other education departments would have access to degree assessment papers in such detail. I am not sure how much more access the Niue Authorities can have to monitor St Clements University Higher Education School - Niue degrees.

You keep using the word "bogus" please define it ?

The MA in TESOL is issued by a Higher Education School licensed by the appropriate Minister of Higher Education. What is "Bogus" about that ?

You make allegations about the qualifications of the Faculty of St Clements University Higher Education School - Niue

However, I do not know of anyone associated with St Clements University that have degrees from a University with a "similar a name to recognised universities or from real universities that once were accredited but never offered the degrees that St Clements' staff claim.".

Please e-mail me at admin@stclements.edu.nu with the person, or people whom you claim this is relevant to.

Re - Veritas Article
I take it you are referring here to "Edwin Bunsell Bliss" not "Edwin Munsell Bliss" as I can not find any books written by Edwin Munsell Bliss", but I find your comment that the "entire article was pirated" puzzling given that Edwin Bunsell Bliss lived between 1848 and 1919. His work is cited in the article you mention by Dr Kemal Yildirim and included in the references section. Given that much of the article deals with Modern Turkey post 1919, it seems outrageous to claim that the "entire article was pirated" from Bliss' work.

Dr. Kemal Yildirum is neither a member of the faculty, nor a student of the St Clements University Group, he was an independent contributor.

Can we please try to keep the discussion here related to facts, rather than unsubstantiated allegations as this does not really help to assist readers , and only results in lowering the value of discussion forums such as this.

I did offer to meet with Dr. Barnard while in Auckland on the 28th of April, however not being aware where Dr. Barnard lives it is very difficult to arrange a meeting.

David Le Cornu
President - St Clements University Higher Education School - Niue

Messages In This Thread

MA TESOL St Clements University
Tom -- Monday, 2 April 2012, at 1:55 a.m.
Tim -- Monday, 2 April 2012, at 9:13 p.m.
Global Teacher -- Monday, 2 April 2012, at 5:40 p.m.
Piarie Dunn -- Tuesday, 17 April 2012, at 6:01 a.m.
Dr Bernard Leeman -- Tuesday, 17 April 2012, at 4:05 p.m.
spiral78 -- Tuesday, 17 April 2012, at 10:43 a.m.
Bruce -- Tuesday, 17 April 2012, at 1:35 a.m.
Global Teacher -- Tuesday, 17 April 2012, at 3:51 p.m.
Dr Bernard Leeman -- Monday, 23 April 2012, at 9:23 p.m.
Tom -- Wednesday, 25 April 2012, at 1:25 a.m.
Dr Bernard Leeman -- Wednesday, 25 April 2012, at 3:19 p.m.
Dr. David Le Cornu -- Monday, 30 April 2012, at 9:42 p.m.
Dr Frederick Oozr -- Monday, 14 October 2013, at 6:42 a.m.
AfP -- Tuesday, 15 October 2013, at 5:00 p.m.
Dr Bernard Leeman -- Monday, 2 December 2013, at 5:55 a.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT