Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Oxford TEFL barcelona

Posted By: The Critic
Date: Tuesday, 6 March 2012, at 8:12 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Oxford TEFL barcelona (spiral78)

"Keep in mind that as an illegal worker, you have zero legal protection against exploitation by landlords, schools, or students."

UTTER RUBBISH. Spain has an independent tribunal that you can go to and get arbitration for anything including suing an employer that refuses to pay you for work you weren't supposed to be doing. The one in Madrid is in Calle Princesa. I know about it because I know people that have used it. Some of my friends are immigration lawyers and they frequently refer illegals to go there for compensation about almost anything. The tribunal makes no judgement at all about your legal status or whether you are or are not working illegally.

I won't comment on the rest of your email as it is the usual scaremongering that you are such an expert at peddling.

All I have to say is, in Spain, if you can prove that you've been living in Spain illegally for 3 years, they'll give you residency. This law still stands and I have American friends and a Malaysian friend that have done it.

Messages In This Thread

Oxford TEFL barcelona
Rachel -- Saturday, 25 February 2012, at 8:17 a.m.
spiral78 -- Sunday, 26 February 2012, at 10:12 a.m.
Rekzie -- Tuesday, 28 February 2012, at 10:48 a.m.
spiral78 -- Wednesday, 29 February 2012, at 7:06 a.m.
The Critic -- Tuesday, 6 March 2012, at 8:12 a.m.
spiral78 -- Sunday, 18 March 2012, at 8:57 a.m.
The Critic -- Monday, 19 March 2012, at 9:24 a.m.
Carol Ibanez -- Wednesday, 29 February 2012, at 9:45 a.m.
Regina CŠrdenas -- Friday, 2 March 2012, at 1:38 a.m.
Rekzie -- Friday, 2 March 2012, at 1:23 a.m.
Chris -- Wednesday, 13 March 2013, at 8:37 p.m.
Tim -- Friday, 15 March 2013, at 5:16 p.m.
nomad soul -- Friday, 15 March 2013, at 2:00 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

Teach English in South America!
SIT