Internationally Recognized Online TESOL / TEFL Certificate & Diploma Courses
ONTESOL

You want MORE! TEFL International is the best choice!
More locations: Now over THIRTY. More choices: special programs, volunteer positions, language classes. More security: Members of BBB, all courses externally moderated. More Accurate Info: No hand-picked testimonials, all course feedback availble online. More Support: worldwide lifetime placement assistance. More Experience-running worldwide courses for 10+ years. More FUN! ...... TEFL International

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum

Re: Oxford TEFL barcelona

Posted By: Rekzie <rekzie@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 28 February 2012, at 10:48 a.m.

In Response To: Re: Oxford TEFL barcelona (spiral78)

OxfordTEFL is a great place to do the CertTESOL course. I did it in October 2010 and it’s probably one of the best decisions I’ve made in my life!

At that time, I already had experience teaching English, but I was surprised by the content of the course because it was so thorough and helped me develop even more as an English teacher. Everyone in the staff is very approachable, supportive and friendly.

Also, it was a place where I was able to meet a lot of people from the TEFL community. Since they also offer language courses, I was able to talk to some teachers about what their experience was like in the TEFL world in Spain. Their Careers Advisor helped me find a job (even as a non-EU member) and I’m still in Barcelona thanks to them!!! =)

A lot of people that are not from the EU are able to find work in Barcelona or Spain in general. You can find private students and there are some schools that are willing to hire you "under the radar". I know it sounds risky but you'd be surprised at the amount of people that manage to do this.

As for Cactus TEFL, I think they're just a company that redirects you to different TEFL providers and that they're not the ones to actually offer the courses.

Hope this helps!

Messages In This Thread

Oxford TEFL barcelona
Rachel -- Saturday, 25 February 2012, at 8:17 a.m.
spiral78 -- Sunday, 26 February 2012, at 10:12 a.m.
Rekzie -- Tuesday, 28 February 2012, at 10:48 a.m.
spiral78 -- Wednesday, 29 February 2012, at 7:06 a.m.
The Critic -- Tuesday, 6 March 2012, at 8:12 a.m.
spiral78 -- Sunday, 18 March 2012, at 8:57 a.m.
The Critic -- Monday, 19 March 2012, at 9:24 a.m.
Carol Ibanez -- Wednesday, 29 February 2012, at 9:45 a.m.
Regina Cárdenas -- Friday, 2 March 2012, at 1:38 a.m.
Rekzie -- Friday, 2 March 2012, at 1:23 a.m.
Chris -- Wednesday, 13 March 2013, at 8:37 p.m.
Tim -- Friday, 15 March 2013, at 5:16 p.m.
nomad soul -- Friday, 15 March 2013, at 2:00 p.m.

View Thread | Post Response | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

Dave's ESL Cafe's Teacher Training Forum is maintained by Administrator with WebBBS 4.33.

Dave's ESL Cafe is maintained by the one and only Dave Sperling.
Banner Advertising | Bookstore / Alta Books | FAQs | Articles | Interview with Dave
Copyright © 1995-2010 Dave's ESL Cafe | All Rights Reserved | Contact Dave's ESL Cafe | Site Map

OxfordTEFL
SIT